Your will and/or living trust can play a vital role in providing for your loved ones in the future. But, did you know a gift through a will or living trust can also be a powerful way to make a lasting change in the lives of young people? Your estate gift to Cal Farley’s can be simple to arrange, and gives you the satisfaction of knowing your property will be put to good use after you no longer need it.
Simple language prepared by your attorney when you make or update your will can ensure hurting young people from across the United States have access to Cal Farley’s professional programs and services. Making a gift through your will is easy to arrange and, best of all, may be changed any time you choose.
How to give through your will:
- Specify a specific sum be given through your will.
- Give specific property. You may decide to give real estate, stocks or other items of value.
- Donate only the remainder of your estate — the value remaining after all gifts to friends and loved ones are satisfied.
- Name Cal Farley’s to receive a contingent bequest, to be received only in the event your other heirs are not able to receive their gifts.
What should I know about bequests?
- You may change or remove a gift through your will or living trust at any time.
- Your gift is not payable until death, so it will never affect your financial wellbeing during your lifetime.
- There is no limit on amounts deductible from federal gift and estate taxes for charitable gifts made through your will. No tax will be due on assets given in this manner.
What if I already have a will?
- Because needs change over time, you will want to revisit your will on occasion to make certain it still reflects your wishes.
- To add a bequest, you may need only a small change, or codicil. A codicil amends — but does not replace — your existing will. Consult your attorney to determine how to best meet your needs.
Boys Ranch is pleased to help you in any way we can. Contact our planned giving team at:
Thank you for your interest in supporting Boys Ranch!
Join the Cal & Mimi Farley Heritage Society
Your support for Cal Farley’s is invaluable. When you provide for a gift through your will or other plans to Cal Farley’s, you ensure your commitment to the children we serve serves resilient young people beyond your lifetime. If you’ve chosen to include Cal Farley’s as part of your estate plans, it would be our honor to express our gratitude and add your name to the roll of the Cal & Mimi Farley Heritage Society. (Your gift may, of course, be anonymous if you desire.) Upon receipt of your bequest, Cal Farley’s will add an attractive stone to the Cal & Mimi Farley Memorial Garden walkway, etched with your name and state of residence.
When completed, please print and mail back the completed form to:
Cal Farley’s Development Office
P.O. Box 1890
Amarillo, Texas 79174
Cal Farley’s provides this information as a courtesy to our generous supporters. It is not intended to offer professional financial, accounting or tax advice. Always consult with your financial adviser before making decisions affecting your long-term financial planning.