Customized Giving Plans
Everything at Boys Ranch is made possible by generous Supporters like you.
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY
Cal Farley’s Boys Ranch’s popular charitable gift annuity program offers you a special way to support Boys Ranch’s transformative work while enjoying generous payments to you and/or someone you designate that will continue for as long as a payment recipient lives. A gift annuity can help free you from concerns about low interest rates, the ups and downs of investment markets and the possibility of outliving your resources.
How it works
Step One: You make a gift of cash, stock or other appropriate property to Boys Ranch
Step Two: Boys Ranch promises under the terms of a simple agreement to provide fixed payments to you and/or anyone you name. Payments are backed by all of Boys Ranch’s available resources. (See the chart below for examples of current payment rates at various ages.)
Step Three: After the lifetime of all persons receiving payments, Boys Ranch will use the remaining funds to support our life-changing work with children.
The calculations shown here are for illustration purposes only. Your benefits could vary. Please consult your financial advisor for information specific to your situation.
Annuity payments can begin immediately or can be delayed to a later date. The longer the starting date, the higher the payments will be under most circumstances.
A Boys Ranch charitable gift annuity can be paid to two people age 70 or older.
Your payments are based on the age of the persons receiving the annuity income when they begin. Your donation to fund a Boys Ranch charitable gift annuity can be a combination of cash, stocks, bonds and/or mutual funds. A home or other real estate may also be used to fund your gift annuity where appropriate. In most cases, no capital gains tax will be due on the long-term increase in value of donated assets at the time of your gift. Capital gains tax will never be due on the gift portion of the assets while the remainder will be gradually reported over your life expectancy.
Many Boys Ranch supporters have found gift annuities to be a source of additional income during their retirement years while eventually making a gift that will provide future support for the children of Boys Ranch.
- A Boys Ranch charitable gift annuity provides you and/or your designee predictable fixed payments, part of which are received free of tax for a period of time.
- Annuity payments are backed by all of Boys Ranch’s available resources for as long as you live.
- Your gift entitles you to a charitable tax deduction equal to the value of your eventual gift when you itemize your federal income taxes.
- Your gift provides safety, belonging and teaches the timeless values of faith, integrity and perseverance to children from across the nation.
NOTE: Boys Ranch’s charitable gift annuities may not be available in all states.
Boys Ranch provides this information as a courtesy to our generous supporters. It is not intended to offer professional financial, accounting or tax advice. Always consult with your financial adviser before making decisions affecting your long-term financial planning.
Your Donations Make A Difference
A charitable trust can be a wonderful way to support the life-changing work of Cal Farley’s, while at the same time providing additional income to you and/or others you choose. There are two primary options to consider when looking for the trust that best-suits your planning needs:
Charitable Remainder Trusts
Charitable remainder trusts provide for a meaningful future gift to Cal Farley’s after first providing income to you and/or others for life or other period of time you decide. They provide an income-tax deduction and allow you to bypass capital gains taxes on assets that have increased in value at the time you fund the trust. When the trust ends, the remaining funds are used by Cal Farley’s to help pass along the timeless values of integrity, faith and perseverance.
Your Cal Farley’s charitable remainder trust can come in one of two forms:
- Fixed income — A “charitable remainder annuity trust” makes fixed annual payments to you or others you choose.
- Variable income — A “charitable remainder unitrust” makes variable payments to you and/or others. The payments will vary as the value of the assets in the trust changes each year.
Charitable Lead Trust
A charitable lead trust provides income to Cal Farley’s for a period of time you choose, either a fixed number of years or one or more persons’ lives.
There are two types of charitable lead trusts:
- Grantor lead trust — You retain ownership of the trust. You will be entitled to an immediate income tax deduction for the value of future payments to Cal Farley’s, but income from the trust will appear each year on your tax return as it is earned. You are allowed an income tax deduction for income that will not be taxable until a future date.
- Non-grantor lead trust — A non-grantor lead trust makes payments to Cal Farley’s for the period of time you choose, but will not be returned to you. While there are no immediate income tax advantages under this option, you will not be liable for federal gift or estate tax on all or a portion of the assets that eventually pass to your family or others you choose.
Cal Farley’s provides this information as a courtesy to our generous supporters. It is not intended to offer professional financial, accounting or tax advice. Always consult with your financial adviser before making decisions affecting your long-term financial planning.